Dinner for Two - Duck Magret Recipe Bundle
Enjoy the wondrous flavors of a traditional French delicacy, with minimal prep work. This meal kit contains the hard-to-find, high quality ingredients needed to make a pan-seared or crispy roasted duck magret with a cherry reduction sauce, coupled with delicious potatoes au gratin and green beens grown in Brittany.
This bundle serves up to four people. Serve it as an impressive main course at your next dinner party, or treat you and your loved one to an elegant dinner for two, twice over!
This Bundle Includes:
- Two Moulard Magret Duck Breasts - Rich and tender cut, farm raised
- Four Servings of Potatoes au Grati - Buttery garlic and emmental cheese
- 13 ounces of Bonne Maman Cherry Preserves - All natural ingredients, featuring full cherries
- 2.2 pounds of Extra Fine Green Beans - Bright and snappy, grown in Brittany, France
Other Optional Ingredients (NOT included in this bundle) :
- 3 oz Veal or Beef Stock
- Salt and Pepper
- A Splash of Pork Wine
- Gently score the magret duck breast skin in a tight crosshatch pattern, keeping the score 1/8 inch apart and without cutting into the meat. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Preheat a cast iron pan for 2 min over medium-high heat and cook the magret for 3–5 min on the fat side. When skin is crispy and golden brown, flip on the flesh side and cook for 1–2 min. Then, place the magret on a sheet pan and finish cooking in preheated oven (375°F) for 5–6 min. Remove duck from pan and set aside to rest. (Remember, Duck Magret is usually cooked like a steak: seared, finished in the oven, and served medium rare!)
- Cook potato gratin and green beans following the directions on their packaging.
- Heat the veal stock in a pan with the cherry preserves and let it simmer on low for 5 min.
- Cut the duck magret in slices and place on a plate, add gratin and green beans, and serve with your cherry reduction sauce!
Item SKU: BUNDLE_DUCKMAGRET